With the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) dominating the news and placing people at risk, Rudy’s Executive Transportation urges our customers and members of our community to stay safe. We’ve been following the news and reading the Center for Disease Control (CDC) website to learn more about how we can avoid infection and provide the safest service possible for our customers. The CDC has posted the following recommendations to prevent illness:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- When no soap and water is available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Keep your distance from people who are ill and practice social distancing as needed.
- Remain at home if you are sick (except to receive medical care).
Check the CDC’s website frequently for further updates and information about how you can protect yourself. If you experience any coronavirus symptoms, including a fever, cough, and shortness of breath, and have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or have recently traveled from an area with an outbreak, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Travel Ban Information for International Travelers
Many of our customers are international travelers who regularly visit other countries for work and play. At this time, the U.S. Department of State recommends avoiding nonessential travel to certain countries, including China, Iran, and most of Europe. If you have a trip to another country coming up in the next few weeks, check the State Department website for regular updates. Do not travel to another part of the world without first becoming informed about the spread of COVID-19 in that area.
Additionally, the White House has banned travel from 26 European countries. The ban will be in place for 30 days and is effective March 13th, 2020. U.S. citizens will be allowed to return from these countries but must travel through specific airports where they will receive screening for the virus.
What We’re Doing to Protect Our Customers
The Rudy’s team understands your concerns surrounding COVID-19. That’s why we’re taking every precaution to ensure our vehicles are safe and sanitary for passengers, including:
- Ensuring all cars have an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (containing at least 60 percent alcohol) readily available and within reach for passenger use.
- Cleaning and disinfecting all passenger areas and frequently touched areas (including door handles, climate control knobs, and seat belt buckles) between trips using a CDC-approved cleaning spray or wipe.
- Encouraging all drivers to adhere to high standards of personal hygiene. This includes washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and staying home when they are sick.
Rudy’s will continue to monitor coronavirus news and will adjust our procedures as necessary to provide the safest service possible.
Your Safety Is Our Top Priority
As a top-rated luxury car service in Connecticut and New York, Rudy’s is dedicated to prioritizing the safety and wellbeing of all passengers. When you choose Rudy’s, you can rest assured that you will receive the most sanitary car service possible. Whether you need safe event transportation or child-friendly car service, the Rudy’s team can help.