As U.S. states begin to gradually lift travel restrictions and stay-at-home orders, it’s no surprise that many people are feeling unsure about going back to their daily routines. The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic has made normal activities, like travel, more complicated and stressful. If you are traveling in the near future, you may be considering how to stay safe and reduce your risk of contracting the virus. Luckily, you can take some of the stress out of the experience by following recommended guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and by choosing transportation services that follow robust safety protocols.
CDC Recommendations for Safe Travel
While all 50 states are now partially reopened, there is still a risk for contracting COVID-19 if you don’t maintain proper hygiene practices. To help individuals remain as safe as possible while traveling, the CDC has provided a set of recommendations for minimizing exposure.
Keep these guidelines in mind as you plan your upcoming trip:
- Wash Your Hands Often (and Properly) – Throughout your journey, be sure to wash your hands frequently, especially after coming in contact with high-touch surfaces like railings and door handles. You should clean your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Carry Hand Sanitizer – If you don’t have access to soap and water, hand sanitizer is a good alternative. Therefore, it’s best to carry it with you at all times. Be sure to purchase hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol, as anything less will not be effective for killing germs. If you’ll be traveling by plane, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) now allows people to bring larger hand sanitizer bottles on board. Details can be found on the TSA website.
- Wear a Face Mask – The CDC recommends that all individuals wear a face mask in public spaces when social distancing is not possible. This slows the spread of the virus and can help prevent infected people from transmitting it to others. Visit the CDC website for more information on face coverings.
- Practice Social Distancing – To reduce your exposure to the virus, try to maintain six feet of distance from others at all times.
- Get Coronavirus Updates – Before you leave, find out whether the virus is on the rise at your destination and what restrictions are currently in place.
Travel with a Sanitary Car Service
If you need transportation after the Coronavirus travel restrictions are lifted, Rudy’s can help. We are committed to providing clean car service to all of our customers, so you can feel safe as you return to your normal routine.
Here are just a few of the steps Rudy’s has taken to make our car service as sanitary as possible:
- Installing partitions between passengers and drivers to help prevent the spread of germs and accommodate social distancing.
- Cleaning and sanitizing vehicle interiors and high-touch surfaces between each trip.
- Stocking every vehicle with hand sanitizer for passenger use.
- Encouraging all drivers to maintain exceptional personal hygiene and stay home when they feel ill.
- Promoting contactless interactions with drivers by allowing customers to open doors and handle baggage themselves.
Contact Rudy’s Today to Schedule Your Ride
At Rudy’s, our goal is to provide executive car services that you can trust. We strive to put our customers’ safety first – not just during the COVID-19 pandemic, but each and every day. To find out more about our luxury car service, or to schedule your ride, contact us today!